PATNA: Prime Minister Narendra Modi joined the BJP’s campaigning trail in Bihar on Sunday after a gap of 12 days and addressed a blitz of rallies in Hajipur, Nalanda, Saran and Naubatpur in Patna. He attacked chief minister Nitish Kumar over a video clip of his meeting with a tantrik and dubbed his ally, Lalu Prasad-led RJD as “Rashtriya Jadu-Tona (sorcery) Dal”. Here are the top 5 quotes from Sunday’s rallies addressed by PM Modi.
Padhai Kamai Davai, PM Modi Shares His Vision for Bihar: Top 5 Quotes
- “Padhai Kamai Davai – education, earning for the young and medicine for the elderly. This is my vision for Bihar.”
- “Can a Bihar of 21st century be made with those carrying forth the thinking of 18th century? Bihar needs to be freed from this mindset. We do not need jantar mantar (sorcery), we need computers. Our youths should have laptops in their hand and no taaveej (locket). Nitish Kumar and Lalu Prasad are responsible for forcing people to leave the state. They made migrants of the youths of Bihar.”
- “I was reading in the papers that this Maha Gathbandhan (grand alliance) has three players – Laluji, Nitish ji and Sonia Gandhi. Now I have found out there is a fourth partner – the tantric”.
- “Rights given by Babasaheb Ambedkar for the socially backward classes will never be taken away by my government.”
- “They (the opposition) have been doing the politics of forward versus backward from last thirty years and dreaming of becoming Prime Minister. They were carrying this poison of casteism all along. And all of sudden they see an EBC (economically backward class) has become Prime Minister without any such ploy.”
Read More About this Article Click Here